Monday, May 19, 2008

Using THINGS in the classroom

After learning about Zamzar (video conversion system online) I took several videos from YouTube that I wanted to share with my high school choir students. My plan was to play the videos on our Windows 2000 Media Player and show it on the television monitor that is in the room. Our district has TViews connected to the system to show items from our classroom pcs to the TV in the room.

Apparently the SVideo isn't compatible showing "homemade" videos through our network to the TV...the picture was very distorted. So I did the best I could and showed the videos to my classes on the pc monitor...all 13 inches of it.

Our media carts do not currently have working pcs connected to them. Maybe I should sell 100 cases of M&Ms to purchase equipment for my classroom use. No, I'll start hunting for major grants to start purchasing this stuff.

No comments: