Saturday, May 17, 2008

Thing 21 Reflection

I've been a fan of YouTube for a long time. I currently have an account just to manage the favorites that I've seen. I also subscribe to several users and get notifications when they upload new videos. I have not yet uploaded my own video, basically because I haven't felt that I'd created anything to share.

On my personal blog, rhoevin.blogspot.com, I have links to YouTube videos with some performers that I enjoy. I have added a YouTube section in the left hand column that currently shows performances by a group called Young@Heart. Their performances are moving and very entertaining.

YouTube, like so many other wonderful sites that we've discovered on 23 Things, is not allowed on our district system. I'm trying to brainstorm to determine ways that we may be able to bipass the filter system, or perhaps download videos on a laptop and sharing at school. I'd love to hear the ideas from some others.

No comments: