Monday, May 12, 2008

Thing 18 Reflection

My first thought about social bookmarking was that it was just like COWs (Classroom on the Wall). The idea was that teachers should share ideas, lessons, etc. with their colleagues by posting things on a bulletin board centrally located. Others could see, modify, or add to the idea. Of course it sounded like a great plan, but the logistics of the information didn't make it conducive for success. Social bookmarking makes the whole plan workable and expands the possibilities for ideas endless.

How well would it work in my school system? I think accessing the site would be the first question and then giving the less pc literate teachers a short professional development lesson would be the only pitfalls.

I may take the bull by the horns on this one, experiment and present it to my building administrators to see if they're interested. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: