Saturday, May 3, 2008

Thing 12 Reflection - Podcasts

I really find podcasts very interesting. I learned some new things about them in this segment, such as: you don't need an iPod to listen to them, and the different types of casts available.

I believe I would find the professional development podcasts very useful, as well as some general ones that could also be very entertaining. If I have podcasts set up for my classes I'm sure those would rank high in my list of "favorites" too.

I could see using podcasts in the choir arena by recording rehearsal sections for the kids to listen to, recording songs or entire concerts for sharing with families and friends. The kids could also produce segments on lessons they learn in music theory and the like.

What wasn't shared in this Thing (but I'm sure will be covered on the future ones) is how to create the podcasts, equipment needed, etc. Like always the 23 Things leaders bait us with these gadgets only to move us forward into the next Thing! (It's almost like they're trying to teach us something new all the time....how useful is that!!!)

No comments: