Thursday, June 12, 2008

Choir Final Exams - Part Two

Well I think I feel better now. My 5th hour Concert Choir exams are completed. Since this group is "By Audition Only" the caliber and caring of the students is much better than my 4th hour kids (see previous posting).

What this means is that fewer kids had to take the exam (even though it's a larger group) and fewer still had to pass the exam to receive credit. Roughly 80% of the students passed the exam (and I also graded it on a curve, but not nearly as large as the one for 4th hour). The two students who had to pass the exam did, quite handily, so I'm relieved at the situation.

My grades are entered, the rooms (both middle school and high school) are cleaned, so all I have to do tomorrow is turn in one set of keys and administrative stuff, pick up my paycheck, and go to the middle school staff party at a neighbor's house. I already feel my blood pressure lowering!

On a positive note, I also feel more prepared to begin next fall. I have several musical selections organized, sound bites listed on my wikispace for the students to listen to, and some new supplies ordered. I've seen classlists for the classes and they're not accurate, but I know they will change 100 times between now and the first part of September...so all in all....let SUMMER begin!

No comments: