Wednesday, August 6, 2008

New Opportunities - Part II

Well the interview happened yesterday. I think it went very well. The atmosphere was relaxed, and I was told that this was a "Chance to get to know you..." type of interview that should last about 20 minutes. Geesh, I traveled nearly 200 miles for a "chat"? Well, it lasted nearly 40 minutes, which is good I guess. There were many direct questions, some admittedly on the "second level interview" type. I could see the superintendent and hs principal writing many notes on their scripts, another good sign I hope.

The next level interviews will take place next week, with a larger panel of 15 to 17 people. I'll hear if I made the callbacks by tomorrow, and then the real hemming and hawing will occur.

Can I afford to take this job? How long will it take to prep and sell the house at home? Where will I/we live in the meantime? What to do with the chinchillas? (After all they don't make a house sell faster because they're so messy.) Can I manage to keep my church job until I can pick up some extra bucks in the new town? Lots to think about, but again perhaps I'm putting the cart before the horse.

My oldest daughter tells me to stop worrying and follow my heart. That's great advice, and I love her for it, but maybe I'm just to pragmatic at this age in my life. The saga will continue, at least until Thursday's "call".

No comments: