Saturday, April 26, 2008

Thing 6 Reflection





Boy, I've been a busy beaver today...4 things.

The photo sharing sites are very good. I've been a member of Shutterfly for a few months and seem to like it, so far. I'm going to try and use photos from there for this project.

What I have found so far is that you cannot directly download a community picture from Shutterfly, so I must go through a PrintScreen and paste to my PCs Paint program and save it from there. We'll see how this works from here.

I suppose I should go back to the training video and see how they suggest you upload the photos from their photo sharing site. I may return to figure out how to upload directly from the website instead of going through the cutting and pasting process. Perhaps to be continued.....

Okay...so here I am, back once more. The training video shows that Flickr is similar to Shutterfly, except that it uses photos that are more professional than personal, or family photos. On Flickr you can right click on a photo and save, whereas Shutterfly is a Flash program so you cannot save a photo quite so easily. If you do choose to use Print Screen, and paste into a Paint program you must crop and fix the photo so that it is cleaned up of all the excess stuff from the screen. But once done you can choose a variety of file extensions to save the photo (jpg, gif, bitmap, etc.) On Flickr you simply right click the photo and Save As, but you can only choose .gif format or bitmap.

The dog picture above shows lots of wasted white space around the photo, obviously not cleaned up enough when saved. I'm hopeful that the lighthouse picture here will use the space more efficiently.

I've saved the lighthouse photo, twice. When I upload to my blog there is nothing there! Hmmm, the photo does not save.

No comments: